Our club mission is to:
To provide the highest level of coaching and swimming options to our local community.
Our aims are to:
- Provide a highly effective learn to swim programme for our local community;
- Provide a competitive swimming pathway and to assist swimmers to reach their full potential;
- Assist swimmers to develop to their full potential for other water sports such as surf lifesaving and water polo;
- Provide a pathway for our local community to be fit and healthy through the sport of swimming;
- Create a sense of belonging for our swimmers, loyalty to the club and a lifelong love for the sport of swimming.
What makes us unique?
The club is affiliated with Swim BOP and Swimming NZ which allows us to provide a competitive pathway to our swimmers which makes us unique from other swimming providers in Papamoa. Due to this, we are proud of the ‘sense of club’ that swimmers feel at PSC with it being a healthy environment for swimmers of all ages to socialise and train with their club mates.
We are also a non-for-profit organisation and as such we try to keep our fees at a lower price to other swim schools in the area. We try to break down the barriers to accessing swim lessons where we can.
Coaches & Commitee
Our committee is made of the following people and roles:
Sarah Metcalfe - Club President
Bridget Chugg - Secretary
Janine Johnson - Funding Manager
Treasurer - Claire Walker
Kurt Kennedy - Recorder
Katalin Maltai and Tony Jackson